Pairing L’Extra Brie with the unique taste of figs brings out the more savoury tones of this succulent brie. Layering honey on top of this pairing makes for a perfectly complimentary contrast of creamy richness and sweet delights.
- 225g L’Extra Brie cheese
- 6 fresh figs, sliced in 4
- 1 baguette bread, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- ¼ cup crushed amaretti cookies or sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the oven until crisp and golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Top each crostini with slices of L’Extra Brie cheese, fresh figs, crushed amaretti and a drizzle of honey.