Brie cheese and mushroom pie
Selection of cheeses
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 250 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 puff pastry rolls
- 225 g L’Extra Brie, sliced
- 1 beaten egg + 1 tbsp. water
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter and add the sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 min over high heat without mixing.
- Add the garlic and spinach and continue cooking for 1 min until the liquid has evaporated.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, roll out the puff pastry. Garnish with the spinach and mushroom mixture, making sure to leave a 1 in. gap all around.
- Add the L’Extra Brie slices on top and cover with the second puff pastry roll. Press gently to remove the air, seal the edges with a fork and brush the top with the egg and water mixture.
- Make notches in the dough and bake in the oven for 30-40 min, until the dough is puffed up and golden brown.
- Serve with a green salad.