- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 200 g (1 pack) Grand Cheddar cheese, cut into 20 sticks
- 20 rice-paper rounds 15 cm (6 in.) in diameter
- Pour oil into a fryer or high-rimmed pan.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, honey and green onion. Coat cheddar sticks thoroughly with this preparation.
- On a clean work surface, lay rice-paper rounds flat and place a cheese stick diagonally at bottom of each. Fold sides toward center to trap filling, then roll dough to form a cylinder. Seal roll with a little water, if necessary.
- Fry rolls in hot oil until golden brown. Place on absorbent paper to soak up excess oil.
- Serve immediately as an appetizer or with a salad.