2 cups all-purpose flour
4½ tsp. baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup (6 tbsp.) chilled butter, in cubes
1 cup Agropur cheddar aged 1 year, grated
¾ cup buttermilk
½ cup apple, in cubes
12 slices Le Rustique Camembert
2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the cubes of butter and mix by hand to obtain a sandy texture.
- Add the grated cheddar cheese and then the buttermilk, mixing with a fork.
- Add the cubes of apple, then form the dough into a ball with your hands. Do not overmix the dough.
- On a clean and floured surface, press the dough down to about 2.5 cm (1 in.) thick. Using a round cookie cutter, carefully shape the scones without flattening them.
- Place the scones on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Add a slice of Le Rustique Camembert to each one and bake for 15 minutes.
- After removing the scones from the oven, brush them generously with melted butter. Serve warm.