The refined sharpness and creamy-crumbly texture of our star cheddar really shines in this sensational pairing. If you’ve never made quick pickles before, you’ll be surprised how easy it is to prepare a beautiful variety - and how delicious they are with all your favourite fine cheeses.
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pickling spice
- 1 cup thinly sliced apple, radish, carrot, and fennel
- 200g 5-year-old Agropur Grand Cheddar, thinly sliced
- Fennel fronds to garnish
TIP: if apple cider vinegar is not available, you may use any vinegar for pickling!
- Combine apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pickling spices.
- Add sliced vegetables and stir to evenly coat.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Using toothpicks or skewers, arrange the quick pickles and cheese into bite-sized stacks.
- Garnish with fennel fronds.
TIP: Quick pickles can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.