Agropur Grand cheddar and green onion savoury cake
Selection of cheeses
Can be replaced by
1½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup corn flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1¼ tsp. salt
2½ tbsp. sugar
¼ cup green onion, finely chopped
¾ cup kernel corn
1 cup Agropur cheddar aged 1 year, grated
1¼ cups milk
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup melted butter, lukewarm
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (220 °C).
- Grease a 20 cm x 20 cm (7.5 in. x 7.5 in.) metal baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, sugar and green onion. Add the corn and grated cheddar cheese.
- In another bowl, combine the beaten eggs with the milk. Using a spatula, stir this mixture and the melted butter into the dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Pour the preparation into the baking pan and smooth the surface with the back of the spatula. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if it is cooked through. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.
- This cake is best enjoyed warm. Before serving, heat it in the oven at 350 °F (180 °C) for 10 to 15 minutes.