The classic smoked salmon and cream cheese gets a tasty new twist in this fresh, crisp combo: crunchy bagel chips are topped with soft and tangy Chèvre des Alpes, light-tasting trout, and sweet pickled onions. It’s all deliciously familiar, but surprisingly light and bright.
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bagels, sliced into 4 or 5 thin rounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 125g Chèvre des Alpes
- 120g smoked trout
- Dill fronds, for garnish
TIP : Recipe can be used with smoked salmon if desired. It is tasty all the same!
- In a small bowl, dissolve sugar and salt in the vinegar.
- Add the onion slices and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bagel slices on baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Bake until slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Spread the cooled bagel slices with the Chèvre des Alpes, and garnish with trout, onions and dill.