A touch of peppered maple is the perfect seasoning for the sweetness of the milk and cream in this beloved cheese.
Per person :
- 45 g La Crème des Champs
- 3–4 pieces of candied bacon
- 8 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) maple syrup
- 3 ml (½ tsp) ground pepper
- Cook the bacon over medium-high heat for 15 minutes, or until most of the fat is rendered and the bacon is slightly crispy.
- Remove the bacon to a paper towel.
- Pour out the fat and wipe the pan.
- Return the bacon to the pan with the maple syrup and pepper and toss until well coated and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Cool before serving.