Eggs play a major role in the symbolism of the spring season: here’s how to include them in a way that’s both more delicious and more fun than the traditional Easter egg. The flavour of fresh goat cheese really shines here.
- 250 g (1/2 lb) Chèvre des Alpes
- 24 green and/or red grapes (small)
- Garnishes, to taste: chopped cranberries, apricots, or raisins; black and white sesame seeds; poppy seeds; onion seeds; chopped fresh herbs.
Makes 24 eggs
- Using 250 g (1/2 lb) of Chèvre des Alpes, roll 24 grapes in the softened cheese.
- Roll these “eggs” in any of the following: chopped cranberries, apricots, or raisins; black and white sesame seeds; poppy seeds; onion seeds; chopped fresh herbs (parsley and chives taste great).
- To make smaller eggs without grapes inside, use 10 to 15 g of Chèvre des Alpes per mini-egg.