- 4 pears, cut in half lengthwise and rubbed with lemon juice
- 3/4 cup OKA cheese, grated
- 1 pear, peeled and cut into 1/4" cubes
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp OKA cheese, finely cubed
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon or a Parisian melon-baller, scoop out the inside of each pear to create a small cavity to hold the stuffing. Try to leave at least 1/2" of thickness throughout the pear.
- Cut a 1/4" slice off the side of each pear to keep it steady on the baking sheet.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Divide the stuffing equally among the pears.
- Arrange the pears on the baking sheet and cover with aluminum foil. Bake the pears until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pears from the oven. Top each pear with OKA cheese. Return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is golden.
- Serve hot with your favourite caramel sauce.